Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stony Brook People appearing on "Something Else" (1970)



Our appearance on Something Else, hosted by John Byner, was in 1970. It was filmed in Old Town, the original location of the city that is now San Diego, CA, which was being restored as a tourist attraction. There is an old Spanish Mission on the hill above the town, which was used in one of the scenes on the show. Our shoot was in the courtyard of a Spanish-style hacienda, which is now a restaurant. They had set up tracks for the cameras and positioned us throughout the courtyard. We knew that we would be lip-syncing to a pre-recorded track, so we only brought a few instruments with us. Our guitarist, Mike, played his guitar and Joy played her flute. Our drummer, Eddie played a drum kit that we borrowed from someone on the show. Our bass player, Mark, played the cowbell and our organist and leader, George, played Mark’s bass guitar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike said...
I bet this was Joy's doing and again kudos Joy your computer expertise has saved the day again. I emailed our site to all my friends so now they can see us even if it is a short take. Thanks again Joy.....Mike

Joy Lesem said...

Hey Mike B: I'm glad you enjoyed the video on the blog. Actually, all the credit should go to my partner, Dory. She's the computer wizard. And now she revamped the video to show the whole song!! Let's see how many hits we get on YouTube.

ROBERT MOLONEY said...

I THINK THIS SITE IS AWESOME.I LOVE READING ABOUT MY FRIEND MIKE BERNARDO.I HAVE KNOWN MIKE 9 YEARS NOW AND I LOVE HEARING HIS STORIES ABOUT HIS BAND DAYS.HE TELLS THE STORIES WITH SUCH FONDNESS,YOU REALIZE THOSE DAYS WERE SPECIAL TO HIM.WHICH DOESNT SURPRISE ME BECAUSE MIKE IS A SPECIAL GUY.SO THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME A PEEK INTO THE PAST I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED IT AND WILL BE VIEWING IN THE FUTURE .ROCK ON MIKE.RM