Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More Stony Brook info

Lode Line Music said...
Err. I hate to make corrections, but I played at The Factory and did some sessions at Columbia Records before the East Coast tour to Vermont and Oneonta College in New York. That was before Mike B replaced me, Mike is a great guitarist as I recall.Those were exciting times. We met Mama Cass, who loved Joy's versions of her songs, Patty Duke, Tom Jones, Peter Lawford and partied with Tommy Smothers at his pad. We even saw Jimmy Durante one night. Wow!Opening for The New York Rock'n'Roll Ensamble" at The Troubadore was a hoot.I am actually glad things worked out as they did. It gave me alot more strength and the needed experience to do what I have done over the years and the things I am able to do now. It gave me the confidence to develope my own playing style and the confidence to be a successful band leader.Also I thought I would mention the "other" first band from Long Island "The Love Garden". I am not sure but I think all of us were in that band too? I know Eddie, George and Leah were for sure and I think Marc and Joy?. We had our "trip" rituals every month as I recall. Far out! So many drugs so few brain cells...I knew "Penny Candy" before they went to CA. I worked at Sam Goodies with John Shycun (not sure on that spelling) the keyboard player. I believe George replaced him?Eddie and I played in bands together all through High School. "The Kodells" was the first band. Named after some kind of fabric. It seemed appropriate at the time. :)I think I may have found Eddie on a site called reunion.com it's $36.00 for a 3 month membership. Right now I don't have that. Perhaps I will try the online phone directory again. It appears he may still be in Vegas.

2 comments:

Joy Lesem said...

Dear Mike: Please forgive my failing memory. I'm glad you were able to get the facts straight for us. Yes, Marc and I were in the Love Garden with you, Eddie, Leah and George. Do you remember playing at the College Inn in Farmindale, across from the college? That was a hoot!! I will check out reunion.com and see if I can find Eddie. Keep the memories coming with new posts!!!

Marc Levine said...

Hello,

Hey, my kids are going to be reading this stuff so go easy on the references to sex, drugs and rock'n'roll...at least for a few years anyway.

Marc